A few months ago we got a phone call from our hosting company. They asked a (so called) simple question - "What should we do in order to make our hosting service Drupal Friendly?". We liked where they were going, and decided to help. "Let's try", we said, "Let's test, measure, examine and decide".
So - what must be done for a Drupal site to feel at home?
The first conclusion we got to was that opinions are many. endless actually. We've discussed the issue with the greatest minds, and experts of various fields. We've created test enviroments and examined results. We've abused the test sites, and tested some more. Besides the techinal aspect, we felt it was importent to factor some other aspects:
1. The solution should be based, as much as possible, on Open Source technologies.
2. The solution should fir a wide range of Drupal websites, and be optimized for small - medium sites.
3. The solution must be ready to go out-of-the-box for the user, including all configurations and a fresh Drupal install ready to go.
It was also importent for us that the solution would be as friendly and intuitive to the site owner and operator.
After completing our tests, we sent in our conclusions. The amazing technicians form HostDime Israel and the over-seas technicians, after reviewing our recommendations, have created these fantastic VPS's.
The new HostDime Drupal hosting plans include:
- A VPS based solution (Like a dedicated server - but smaller).
- Debian based operating system (For optimal usage of resources).
- The VPS's are based on OpenVZ, an open source technology.
- The account management software is VHCS - another open source alternative.
- Full SSH access
- Servers are located at the Netvision farm in Haifa, Israel.
- Live chat support - 24x7!
- Free transfer from old hosting company!
- Live Monitoring, Load Balancing, VPN Server and a few other surprises!